TERMS AND CONDITIONS: COMMISSIONS
- In return for an agreed fee, the artist will produce art work following a description/brief provided by the customer.
- The artist reserves the right to cancel a commission due to poor communication or rude/inappropriate behaviour.
- The artist retains the right to display all commissioned work on any personal website, gallery, or journal (in the case that artwork is commissioned as a gift, the artist will not post until after the recipient has received their gift, so to not ruin any surprises).
- The customer may not re-distribute, reproduce, or sell the artist’s work or profit from the artwork.
- The customer is free to post the work online as long as credit is given to the artist. Please respect the artist and do not claim the art as your own.
- The artist retains the right to sell prints of any commissioned work which is not personal to customer (i.e. painting of a family member, partner, etc).
Required client information:
- At least one high quality reference photo is needed from the buyer.
- The customer must make commission enquiries as specific as possible, and a provide a preferred completion date.
- A deposit valued at 20% of the commission price (excluding postage and packaging) is required upon ordering your art piece to confirm your order. Work will not commence until your deposit has been received.
- Payment of the deposit confirms to the artist that the customer has read, understands and agrees to these terms and conditions stated on this page. Once the deposit has been received a contract will be deemed to have been made.
- All commissions must be paid for in full before the completed artwork is dispatched to you. Customers will be sent an invoice- the remaining amount (80% + p+p) will need to be paid once the piece is completed to a standard you are happy with.
- Prices are quoted in UK Pounds for all clients.
- If the customer completely changes their brief or decides they no longer want the artwork after a piece has been worked on and completed, correct to the original brief given, the customer is expected to pay the full amount for the work already done.
- If the customer is unable to pay within 30 days of being notified of completed commission, the artist retains full and exclusive ownership of the work. The work may then be auctioned, resold, modified, destroyed or otherwise disposed of at the artist’s sole discretion.
- If you wish to cancel a commission, please notify the artist as soon as possible. If you cancel within 4 days of placing your order, your deposit will be refunded. After 4 days, you will not be refunded the 20% deposit if you do choose to cancel.
- No refunds of any amount once art has been paid for in full.
- The artist cannot be held responsible for any faults with the printing of artwork; prints are ordered with a third-party, and so the artist will try their best to rectify any issues that may arise, but cannot be deemed responsible.
Commission Completion Timescales:
- Commissions are managed through an order book and work on a first come first served basis. The completion time is measured from when the deposit is received. This time period will depend on the number of commissions that are already confirmed ahead of yours, and also the size/complexity of your commission. Whilst I will always try my hardest to meet estimated completion times, I cannot be held responsible for any delays due to reasons out of my control.